Thursday, October 16, 2008

But. I. Was. Drunk.

Is this not the most fantastic excuse for EVERY STUPID THING YOU HAVE EVER DONE? Not anymore, it seems. The NSW government is scrutinising this defence in an effort curb alcohol-related violence and binge-drinking, and I fear it will crush the spirit of the liquored up and out of control generation Y that I love so dearly.



Sally Fielke from the Hotels Association says it is about time drinkers took personal responsibility for their actions.



Personal responsibility?



What am I going to do? If the new laws pass, will they have a trickle down effect on societal attitudes too? Now how will I justify shitting on my driveway after a big night out?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it will trickle down even further, anonymous blogger.

How will I justify my dead end job, my lopsided haircut and my general misanthrope personality?

Alcohol has been a a faithful excuse for all my shortcomings.

Sir Pantsalot said...

No - Alcohol has been a faithful excuse for the shortcomings of our ENTIRE GENERATION...

Do you see?